Sunday, November 23, 2008

DON'T WAIT...YOU MIGHT MISS THE CHANCE

Milton, here for Kristy:

My thoughts are still reflecting on yesterdays post about the unexpected death of Lavada Haupt. Her passing took place so quickly. The tumor as I have heard it wasn't discovered just this past October only a few weeks back. She was at Kristy's funeral and to my knowledge had no idea of having such a severe problem.

Does that say anything to you? Does it make you think about the value of living today? Does it make you think of eternal purpose? I learned in a way I couldn't conceive in Kristy's passing that life is most precious and to be treasured far more than the majority realize.

***

I received this note in the mail on Saturday which simply reads:

Hope you are
writing while the 
words are strong
within you.
Don't wait!

Jimmie

***

Wow, those are good words and fit with what I just shared concerning the uncertainly of life. I am writing and will heed even more the good word of the Spirit from a thoughtful friend. 

Earlier in the day I had commented on the necessity of telling our story and writing it now. It is a sweet, powerful, and amazing story. You will be very surprised at how it ends.

What are you waiting to do that you know you must do?

Do it now. There may not be a tomorrow or a more convenient time. 

Make amends now. 
Reach out now.
Give now. 
Go now. 
Love now. 
Write now. 
Complete now. 

Don't wait.  

8 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right.

Hebrews 3 v 13



Just me

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for such stable and wonderful advice.

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful words of encouragement! Have a 'prodical son' that's hard to reach but will keep trying due to your encouraging words. It's not all about physical sickness; is it? Spiritual sickness is tough, too. Will make another attempt to reach our son. Thanks.

A loving and concerned Mother and Father 2005-2008

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger THOMBU1 said...

Dear Brother Milton, I still have you in my thoughts and prayers. May our Lord keep you in His powerful hands and shield you from the sorrows He has already borne for you.

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is by far your most powerful post because it conveys the urgency of TODAY.

It came on a day when I took a very long walk alone, to sort out my thoughts and feelings. I returned home with the same plan you mentioned--to do NOW what I've put off doing. To write what needs writing and say what needs saying.

Thank you so much.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

I agree with this post, and I'm writing now, praying God allows me the time I need to complete. We never know. This is a short, simple post, but the one that means the most! Barb

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Robin Bayne said...

Milton, such a powerful message! I posted it on my blog also, hope you don't mind.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a wonderful article on grief written by Lavada:
http://www.onmission.com/site/c.cnKHIPNuEoG/b.830295/k.A268/A_Time_of_Grief.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home