Tuesday, November 25, 2008

THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING...

Milton, here for Kristy:

Life is busy and these next weeks will get busier for everyone. Thanksgiving is just a couple days away and then comes the rush of Christmas and all the wonderful activities that accompany the holiday season.

How will I fare through of all this rush? It will not be easy I am sure, but the wonderful memories will fill my mind as they already are. We traveled all those years to see family and loved ones and now it is just me. 

Jesus and me and the amazing grace and help He is giving.

He gives the grace and courage to face the wonderful memories, dreams and goals including those yet unfulfilled, and the hurt of the huge loss.

Last week I visited the hospital to pray for a family whose loved one, husband and father, was critically ill. I thought he would recover and enjoy the Holiday Season with his family. But I told the wife that if he shouldn't recover and make it that I knew God would give her the strength and help to deal with the loss.

Today I received a call that Bubba Dykes passed in the night. He has lived here in Jacksonville for many, many years. To our knowledge we are not related, though I wouldn't be surprised to find we connect in a past family tree.

I do know they are hurting and I know God will give them grace and strength. God is faithful to all of us. One day all of the separations will end and we will be reunited. Death has been conquered. The sting has been taken away. Jesus is the Resurrection, The Way, The Truth, The Life.

6 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger just me said...

"Just Jesus and me"....


Deut 32 v 11 - 12

As eagles... stir..nest.
..hovers its young.. so the Lord alone led Jacob.

Just me

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

At first the memories made me sad when I lost Mom and my youngest sister. Now, they bring peace and comfort, tears, too, at times. I have all those holiday memories as a kid, and remembering them brings Mom and my sister to life again and keeps them close in my heart. May your memories bring you peace and joy, even though they may be mixed with tears. I wrote a devotional titled "Reunited" and it and another devotional I wrote titled "God's Love is Grander" is posted under the archived devotionals at Mustard Seed Ministries dot org, if you click on the devotional button and scroll down, you'll see "God's Love is Grander" recently archived. Blessings,
Barb

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would think the holidays would definitely be the hardest time. I always think I probably would not be able to function even though I am a Christian....hopefully unless I go before my husband, God will give me strength. You are doing amazingly well and hopefully God will help you these next weeks tho I'm sure you'll have some hard times.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger B. J. Brooks said...

I receive in my personal email each day "A Mountain Wings Moment." The thought for the day really struck a cord with me. A lady wrote about going to the cemetery and looking for her husband's brother's tomb stone. At first they couldn't find it and had to call Mom to see if she could help give them directions, and when they did find it they felt no joy or comfort. These are her words below but it says volumes.

"I decided to walk up and down the rows. Those headstones told so many stories while I walked among them, there were mothers, fathers, husbands, wives and babies who had just one day before God took them home.

When we finally found his headstone I felt no sense of
accomplishment. It was marble with words. He wasn't there.

The good memories weren't there.

If we want to visit Richie, all we have to do is talk to his parents or his brothers or his best friend. That's where we
should look, in people’s hearts.

We could move a thousand miles away and still visit Richie. The part of our loved ones that we long for are much easier to find
than a headstone. I think we should visit those we loved often with laughter, stories, and a shared love. I will tell my children when they decide to visit me to just get together for
lunch or give each other a hug because that is where I will always be.

Don't bother walking through the cemetery.

I won't be there."


What a wonderful way to reunite with our loved ones.

Milton you do this daily for us with your many stories of Kristy.

B.J. Brooks
(Robinson)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger ~~Deby said...

Milton,
I followed this blog and commented from time to time. We were walking the same path with my brother. Last night he graduated to Heaven ...he is healed..no more brain cancer...I did a post today about him..our heart misses him..he went home on his birthday.
HE was 44
Deby

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Reading the comments made me think of a new song by the Kingdom Heirs, "Good News from the Graveyard". They're not there. This is a Southern Gospel group and a beautiful song. Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home