Monday, November 10, 2008

CATCH A GLIMPSE OF HEAVEN!

Milton, here from Kristy:

God called me to preach when I was nineteen. It was a very clear call and it happened somewhat unexpected. I was open to the idea of going into the ministry, but I didn't feel it was right to make it a choice of profession, but rather I felt that it should be a response to a specific call from God to me to follow Him in doing God's work. As a young teenager and then later as I considered college I was open, but the call didn't happen.

Until one Sunday morning just before my sophomore year at Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, AL. Just a couple of weeks before going to Jax, the Lord spoke to me very clearly, almost audibly that He was calling me to preach His Word. It was as if a giant thumb came down from heaven and pressed deep into my soul. For almost half of that Sunday afternoon I wept at the church altar as God spoke into my inner being. 

Now for almost 40 years I have followed that calling to preach. It hasn't always been easy, though I have been very blessed. Sometimes I have felt that I had really ministered effectively and then other times I didn't feel so good about it. But, I have been faithful to that call, and I plan on completing that call.

What did I preach this Sunday? The topic was "Catch a Glimpse of Heaven." My thoughts have been more on heaven recently as you might guess. Heaven seems more real, closer, special. 

Why do I believe there is a heaven?

1. Because I want to believe there is one. How utterly hopeless this life would seem if there was no heaven.

2. Because many have had near death experiences with brief time spent in heaven that they have come back to life and shared what they saw. Read 90 Minutes in Heaven.

3. More importantly, Jesus said He was preparing a place for us. That place is heaven. I believe the words of Jesus.

I am excited about my future and call. God has put some very real dreams and visions in my heart.

When you catch a glimpse of heaven it really adds to living with purpose here. We live best when we live in the light of eternity.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Milton...

Enjoyed your comments today very much! How beautiful to share "3" points about heaven with us all! Good points, too...I might add!

Dreams...Visions...Future... Call
what a beautiful way to describe the work of the Lord in your life at present...in your heart! A man's heart reveals much about his relatiohsip with the Lord's purpose for his life. You are certainly on the right track!

Favorite Saying...Hope these words encourage you today...

"THE FOOTPRINTS"
In this familar writing...I love the part where The Faithful Lord picks us up...carries us in His arms...we look down only to see His Set of Footprints in the sand.
...Milton...
He IS carrying you...
Enjoy the ride...
You are worthy of His special care especially today and the days to come.
Feel His embrace...
Lean on his chest...
Rest in His Comfort...
Know that He Loves You with a very special love...
Catch a glimpse of His Eyes looking ahead...
He's preparing you for the future!
It is well...
It is hope...
It is life...
It is purpose...
It is peace...
God is warching over YOU!

Prayerfully...
Steve and Darlene
South Carolina

P.S.
Tell Jennifer...
We keep touching base with her blog...and faithfully...
praying for your whole family today!

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

I sincerely enjoyed reading this blog. I once wrote an article titled Mother's Glimpse of Heaven, about my mom before she died. It was published. I've also read 90 Minutes in Heaven and many other books, and I've read about people having near-death experiences.
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home