Saturday, November 08, 2008

WATCH AND SEE!

Milton, here for Kristy:

Yesterday I wrote about the event one year ago when Kristy was told she had a brain tumor which changed our lives. I will not write a recount every day of this past year of what happened, but I am writing an assigned article for a magazine telling her marvelous story of extreme faith. It is a story of peace and strength.

Also, I am working on a book telling this story from writings from this blog and including other accounts of humor, faith, brokenness, and surrender. It is truly an amazing story with some bends and unexpected turns that you have not heard and yet have not been written.

Will you pray for me as I write this story. To be very honest, it is so painful to go back through the blogs of this past year. It hurts and brings back tough memories of pain and sorrow, but at the same time it reminds me of the faithfulness of God.

I am sure that many probably wonder about some of the posts from this week. You have prayed for Kristy, for me, and for my children and have shown deep interest and concern. I suspect to some my writings of moving forward left you with a question of how can I move forward so soon? If I loved Kristy as I have written, is it possible to move from grief so quickly?

Believe me, Kristy and I had an exceptional marriage with love that some would only dream and hope. My heart is still full of her love, but now is the time for me to allow God to do new things in me. Please pray for God's guidance.

These next weeks of holidays will be tough, very tough, but I am believing God to help me minister to my children and grands. They are hurting and need me. They are exceptional young ladies and kiddies and I am very proud and thankful for them.

God is in charge. I will trust Him.

What happened to Barney's cousin? What happened to small town America? Is there anything new in me to tell? What more can be written about this love story?

Watch and see.

12 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

You are just beginning to tap that which lies deep within you, and I have no doubt you will find much more left inside you to write about. I went through much the same process when I lost my youngest sister. From shock that she went before me. I was the oldest. I was supposed to go first. She hadn't much time on earth. Now, I realize it was her time to go; perhaps she didn't need as much time on earth as I did. God knows. May He bless you in your writing endeavors and heal your broken heart. Barb

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Dear Milton,

I'm glad you are sharing your feelings and reflections on the "firsts". Please don't apologize. These are very important days in your life and we care about them because we care about you and your family.

I lost both of my parents by my 30th birthday. I have found that as time progresses even the anniversaries of their deaths fade into the background. The everyday memories, which are many and good, are the ones that soothe my heart and keep their love alive in my heart.

Kate.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

I'm reading a new book by Rick Warren, author of The Purpose Driven Life. This book is titled The Purpose of Christmas. It states that if you accept what Jesus did for you on the cross, your eternal destiny is secured, and you won't fear death. Kristy is an excellent example of this, since she knew her destiny was secured and rested assured of where she was going, heaven.

Kate is correct. The anniversaries of loved ones deaths fade where special moments of life never fade. I remember all the quality times I spent with my youngest sister, memories that will never fade, while she will forever be alive in my heart and memories, as I know she is in heaven. Her grave was just a place for the temporary shell of her body to rest. I think graves are more for the living, so we can feel we visit our deceased loved ones and receive comfort, but now I know I don't have to drive over 700 miles to visit my sister's grave. I can visit with her through her memories and the quality times we shared in life. Thank God for the special quality time he granted the two of us. Barb

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

I had already visited the blog today and did not intend to return, but as I read those words in Rick Warren's book, I felt a push or pull to go back to the computer and leave another message.
Barb

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

That is wonderful news Milton and not especially surprising that God is moving you on in your destiny. You and your family remain in my prayers.
Blessings,

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Acts 13:36 David served God's purpose in his generation, then he died. Rick Warren's new book says this is the "ultimate definition of a life well lived," as was Kristy's life and legacy. Sorry to return again today, but I felt led to do so. The book by Rick Warren, The Purpose of Christmas says, if - ". . . you served God's purpose in your generation, there's no better description of success". I don't know if it's from reading your blog so much, but when I read these words, I can't help but think of Kristy. She left us all an example and a legacy of true success. Barb

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy Won!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Great news. Keep us posted.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger No Name said...

When I read "Watch and See," the title of your blog today, in my head I added, "the faithfulness of God, for it never ends." That is the most amazing thing to me. How He extends His grace, mercy, and love. How even in the midst of what seems like the worst stuff, He is right there. Faithful Father. Protector. Defender. Comforter. No matter what, He never lets go. He is an awesome God. (Barney’s cousin Virgil? No clue what happened to him.)

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear milton,

despite what the other women say here, you need to pray about another spouse...they have big shoes to fill...Grief can cloud your spiritual vision. Give yourself some time before Miss Right becomes Miss Mistake.

Ruthanne

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Milton, I have to agree with Ruthanne...please be careful. There is nothing like young love. You and Kristy married at a young age...innocent, untarnished souls who belonged to Christ. You may meet a woman now, even a believer, who has lots of baggage. Please be sure that your closest family members and friends know this woman before you allow her into your life and into the lives of your children and grandchildren. Be careful of wolves in sheep's clothing, as well.

Keeping you in prayer...

 
At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Christian grief counselor once told me that the first year after losing one's spouse is a haze. There will be high days and low days, but like a fresh wound, each day, each week, is another step in the healing.

Of course there's not set time and nobody has the right to judge one who moves on so quickly. I personally would not want to become involved with someone whose grief was this fresh, simply because there's so much more to be worked through that you may be unaware of, Milton.

It's an honor to pray for your family, and I am asking God to bless your life...but slowly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home