Sunday, November 16, 2008

IT IS FINISHED...

Milton, here for Kristy:

It is finished. I completed the assigned magazine article about Kristy and her journey to victory. Well, it is finished except for letting it steep a few days, as Kristy always said, before reading and do final proofing and sending it off to the editor.

I titled the article "A Cloud of Peace and a Chair of Strength--A story of living with joy and dying with peace.

I worked on it a couple of hours Saturday morning and another hour or so Saturday afternoon. Now, you will have to wait a few months to read the story. I made them laugh, made them cry, and I'm making you wait! That was Kristy's style of writing--laughing, crying, and waiting.

It is still surreal what has happened. How could Kristy be gone? I feel God's peace and grace daily, but it is hard. It is real hard.

I have always tried to be a caring, concerned person and pastor, but I will admit that I have felt like apologizing to all the loved ones of the deceased of every funeral I have ever preached. I just didn't have a clue. I mean not a clue what they were feeling. 

Kristy's life still touches all of us every day. When I clean this house, work in the yard, shop, buy groceries, walk into our office, go to church and minister, and on and on the list could go, her feel and touch reaches out to me. 

I am working through the grieving process. 

God is sending me help.

I am having more good days than bad days. 

I am moving forward with new vision and desire. 

But it hurts. 

It hurts real bad. 

8 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Milton,

I thank you again for continuing to blog here. You and your lovely family have helped so many! I went back to April 22, 2008 on this blog and watched the youtube video of Kristy and you in church. She was SO upbeat and positive and singing Jesus' praises through it all! I can only pray that I face my own problems with half the courage and faith as you and Kristy.

God bless you!
(And I encourage anybody who hasn't watched that youtube video from 4/22/08 to go there now. What a Sunday morning blessing!!!)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Carrie Turansky said...

Hi Milton,
I will look forward to reading that article you wrote. I love the title you chose, especially the part about living with joy and dying with peace. That is one thing I will always remember about Kristy.

Going though trials does tune our hearts to have deeper compassion for others, doesn't it?

Our son who is in the Marines serving in Iraq called this morning. Two of his buddies were seriously injured recently, and it has been very hard for all of the other young men as well. We were able to encourage him with some special Scriptures and assure him of our love and prayers. But we aren't there, and we don't totally understand all he is going through. Thanks for praying for Ben.

You and your dear family continue to be in my prayers.
Blessings,
Carrie in NJ

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my journey of faith so far, I have learnt that God allows us to go through grief or trials , sometimes, so He can use us to comfort others with the same comfort He has comforted us ( can't remember which bible verse which states that )
Also, God can use a "broken" person better to glorify Himself most ...and many times, a new ministry is born through this experience. ( I see this in your sharing your life experiences with the men's and ladies' groups)

Everyone has a different time fame or grieving period...so you just take your time.

About staying on in the same house and seeing and touching everything and remembering ....I am not so sure if that will help you in your grieving process. (Your counsellor can help you there)

God bless.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it does hurt. Sending a hug your way. Love, Kathy

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger No Name said...

One of my favorite worship choruses. Blessed be the Name of the Lord

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Rambling On said...

Very proud of you!

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Beautiful title for the article, and you know how to touch the emtions. God sends us all help through His Holy Spirit and Comforter, but the loss of a loved one is always painful and never easy. It is a process one must go through, and you're doing it. God bless on on the journey.

I only realized yesterday that in the last year I've had ten devotionals published: Seven with Standard Publishing, two for Mustard Seed Ministries, and one in a book. Mustard Seed has a third one that may be published, so I am writing for God and His kingdom, and I pray these devotionals will reach out and touch hearts, change lives, and make differences.
Barb

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If grief didn't hurt
what kind of man would you be?
If grief didn't hurt
we would not know your loss!
If you didn't share
how could we learn to overcome?
Your grief is your testimony of a rich and beautiful love marriage!
Thanks for sharing.
We learn as you are learning.
Thanks.
You are a real man and an honest one for sure!
Thanks.
God keep you in His care and love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home