Friday, November 14, 2008

TWINKIE P.J.'S ?

Milton, here for Kristy:

I have a burden to speak to men and ladies groups and talk to them about marriage relationships, love, faith, and issues of the heart. I plan on taking occasional speaking engagements to tell my story.

Last Saturday I spoke to our men and tonight I will speak to our ladies. I felt I should begin here at my own church if I was going to speak anywhere. Saturday I spoke to the men on "Tough Men and Tender Romance". Tonight I will speak to the ladies on the topic "Faith to Go Through," but I will also speak to them on "Tender Women and Tough Romance".  

God has put in my heart to share my journey of faith and love and what He has and is teaching me along this amazing walk. I feel that I can write and speak with a greater sense of urgency, insight, and passion to men and ladies groups to help in marriage and family relations. This has been a vision and love of mine for many years.

Guess what I got in the mail Wednesday? 

I  received a pair of Twinkies P.J. bottoms marked on the package from "A Friend". Don't have a clue who the "Friend" is. Maybe I'll have a picture made wearing them or not. They are yellow and red long pants.  I don't know if I have the nerve to model them for you. What do you think? Should I or not? I put a picture of the Twinkie shirt on the blog some time back.

Not!

They were sent to the church and my staff got a big kick out of them. Didn't wear the P.J.'s for them either!

It is good to laugh. Laughter makes the journey easier to travel. I need some laughter. We all need to laugh more!

Twinkies rule!

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Karen Eve said...

Milton, you better be careful or you'll end up with a nickname - Twinkie. Not very masculine, but I imagine that there is often a twinkle in your eye, even in these difficult days.
It would seem that you are definitely called to continue to teach on marriage and probably even other family relationships. So go for it.
You and your sweet family continue to be in my prayers. I'm so glad that you are spending holidays with you daughters & families. It will help you all through this time of "firsts". Great blessings as you continue your journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home