Saturday, November 15, 2008

WHAT HAVE I LEARNED?

Milton, here for Kristy:

I have been reading past blogs from a year back when Kristy was first diagnosed with the GBM brain tumor. It is unbelievably hard to read, but I feel I must as I am speaking to our ladies on her story and also writing an assigned magazine article telling her story of a cloud of peace and a chair of strength which helped as she her she walked through the valley of the shadow of death.

Her story of peace and strength needs to be told to help others in the tough storms of life. She kept her joy, laughter, and strong faith through it all.

Reading the blog reminded me again of the joy and wonder of our love as well as the sweet, pure, surrendered commitment to trust Him together in all of the aspects of our lives.

What have I learned this past year?

I have learned that God never fails. He never leaves us. He never forsakes us. He is with us to the end.

I have learned His grace is sufficient.

***

I am writing this last paragraph after speaking to the ladies group at our church. After I finished speaking, one of the ladies came up to me and said that a friend at work had been reading this blog and that it had helped her with some very tough issues with her family. It made me feel that God is working through this blog in very miraculous ways to encourage and help others. I am grateful to know that God takes all things and works them together for good. 

4 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would be surprised at how many people are encouraged by your daily blog. I know I look forward to it everyday. It has become a part of my morning ritual. It has truly inspired and encouraged me. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and your family. The journey of the Dyke's family has truly been an inspiration. We all have our own crosses to bear but knowing what your journey has been has so helped us to keep on keeping on. Thank you!!!

Columbus, GA

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

You'll never know how many lives this blog has touched, but the important fact is you do know it's working from the few who've told you so. Think of the many who may read and not take the time to post. I'm sure God is using the blog to touch many lives and help people. Barb

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

I first learned of Kristy’s diagnosis from my twin who was connected via a writing blogring (I think.) Although they were strangers to each other, she followed Kristy’s journey from start to finish, and she said something once that stuck with me: “There are those who teach us how to live, but Kristy is teaching me how to die.” She was amazed at Kristy's unwavering faith and upbeat attitude (in the very face of death), and she saw her as a living testament of God’s peace that passes all understanding. I pray the same can be said of me.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Cheryl Jones said...

I do not remember how I stumbled upon this blog.....well, I do know! It was the Lord! I was going through breast cancer at the time and one blog led to another and there was this one. I have been following your Christian Love Story for at least 8 months now. It has changed my life. I have prayed ever since I found this blog for both you and Kristy and your daughters and grandchildren and I will continue. I know the Lord has much in store for all of you. God Bless you Milton.
Cheryl
Ohio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home