Tuesday, November 11, 2008

PARTNERSHIP--IT MAKES LIFE GO BETTER

Milton, here for Kristy:

Sunday, our missionary guest introduced his wife as his "partner in life and partner in ministry." I stood alone behind him as he spoke these words. For many, many years I introduced Kristy before hundreds and hundreds of crowds where we spoke together using the same words.

Tears streamed down my face as he introduced her. It brought back more memories of our good times together. It jolted me again and I had to brace myself just to stay standing on the platform. I could sense my church feeling my pain. They knew how I had always introduced Kristy--"my partner in life and partner in ministry." 

I am moving forward, but there is still a very real sense of our wonderful past. I will always cherish her and be thankful for all we shared, did, and enjoyed together. Even our arguments had eternal purpose written all over them. All of the ragged edges were worn smoother by our deep, abiding commitment to make each other better.

She was a great partner. She made me a much better man. 

I have dreams in my heart and vision yet to be fulfilled. God has put new and exciting dreams deep within me and I see them coming about in the most unusual and amazing ways. Kristy would be proud and excited for me. She loved me. Her very last words in this life were, "I love you, Milton." 

2 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Milton,
Kristy will always be your partner in life and ministry. She's still your partner from heaven, and you're using her blog to accomplish a ministry, a dream, and a vision even now. I know it's not the same as when she was here on earth with you, but Kristy is eternal and will always be. She'll always be a part of you. I know it's hard when you have to stand and listen to someone else introduce their life partners as you did Kristy, when she's no longer standing by your side, but her last words were, "Milton, I love you," and she'll always be with you, eternally etched in your memories, in your heart, and in spirit. May God bless you through these experiences. Perhaps you can introduce her as your partner in life and ministry who now resides in heaven. Barb

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger B. J. Robinson said...

Milton,

You're right about partnership making life better. You can view my reading list at http://barbarajrobinson.blogspot.com/. If you're interested in writing a book, you might find some of the books on my list helpful. They've helped me a great deal. I'm working on a book at this time. It's a WIP, work-in-progress at this point. I have a lot of it written, but it's slow going with my regular work load.
Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home